arts inc partnership
about the partnership
Arts Inc is a partnership between GDance and Art Shape, set up as a result of research and consultation with the broader voluntary sector in 2012. The mission of the partnership is to support and develop inclusive practice in the county.
We also work with affiliate arts inc partners, who have included: TwoCan Inclusive Theatre, The Music Works, The Roses Theatre.
Our vision is to make Gloucester a nationally-recognised beacon for inclusive arts practice.
Our shared priorities are:
- Inspire: to produce excellent inclusive work that is critiqued on a par with work that doesn't feature disabled artists
- Nurture: to support the development of disabled artists and performers and non-disabled people interested in inclusive practice
- Challenge: to embed inclusive thinking and skills across a broad range of arts organisations, emerging artists, leaders, teachers and arts managers
- Cluster: to make Gloucester a renowned hotspot for inclusive practice, attracting talent into the City and producing /distributing artists and work that has currency nationally and internationally
- Impact: to sustain a strong model and pathways enabling greater inclusion locally, and to have impact nationally by sharing our learning and developments through a range of events, seminars, local and national networks
arts inc projects & initiatives
Arts Inc Academy & holiday courses:
GDance and Art Shape worked to establish sustained courses through which local disabled and non-disabled 8-18 year olds can learn together.
Contact: email@example.com to find out about up coming course
Arts Inc leadership course
We successfully piloted a new cross-arts training course in inclusive practice in 2015. The course benefited practitioners, artists, teachers, students and others working, or planning to work with, disabled and disadvantaged participants / pupils.
Contact: Ailsa Lane (01452 550431 / firstname.lastname@example.org to register interest in the planned 2017 course
Arts Inc Volunteer Pool
GDance and Art Shape are developing a joined up approach to our volunteering opportunities which will enable volunteers to access training, placements and support across both organisations and/or with our arts partners.
Contact Caroline Tate (email@example.com) if you'd like to volunteer
Arts Inc Artists' Lab
In 2012, GDance and Art Shape supported 12 local disabled and non-disabled artists to explore new collaborations and artistic ideas at Blackfriars Priory in Gloucester.
As a result, new collaborations emerged and one group went on to secure Arts Council England investment to develop new work.
Click on this link to watch our Arts Inc Lab film
Carnival Arts Partnership
The Carnival Arts partnership between GDance, Art Shape, Global Arts and Gloucester City Council was set up in 2012.
Following conversations, review and research in 2015, the partnership has grown to 14 arts, community and statutory members. We are worked to an exciting new shared vision of Gloucester Carnival as the most inclusive (of disabled people) carnival in the UK.
The vision is delivered through coordinated works, carnival and inclusive skills development, community engagement projects and commissioning and showcasing of professional work that celebrates diversity.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information