A residential retreat for young disabled dance creatives at the University of Gloucestershire, Oxstalls Campus, Gloucester.
This course will bring together talented young creatives from throughout the UK to develop their choreographic and leadership skills. It will be tailored to support disabled young people.
5 disabled young people have been nominated by regional partners from London, Dorset, Glasgow, Sunderland and Gloucester.
• Candoco dance company http://www.candoco.co.uk/ - lead contact Hannah Dye
• Diverse City http://www.diversecity.org.uk/ - lead contact Alice Chutter
• Paragon Music http://paragon-music.org/programmes/m3/ - lead contact Ninian Perry
• Braena https://www.facebook.com/BraenaCIC - lead contact Anna Hall
• GDance www.gdance.co.uk
Young Ignite has been developed by GDance in responding to research: Dance4 and Trinity Laban’s (2012) Barriers to Dance Training for Young People with Disabilities and Development of Talented Young Dancers with Disabilities - read Trinity Lanban's research document here
The deadline was: Weds 5 February 2014
Successful applicants will have been informed by: Mon 10 February 2014
Partners - Young Ignite is delivered in partnership with our national / regional dance partners.
An introduction to dance leadership and training course in teaching dance
- gain confidence in creative dance
- plan and deliver safe, effective and inclusive sessions
Course fees approx £100.00
If you are interested in this kind of training opportunity please contact Ailsa to express an interest.
(Knowing about this demand will help us find funding to arrange suitable training opportunities in the future).